Cowshill War Memorial - List Entry

  • Description

    "....Cowshill War Memorial was unveiled on 27 May 1922 by Lt-Col KJW Leather, 20th Battalion Durham Light Infantry, and dedicated by the vicar of Heathery Cleugh, Reverend J Harrison. The site was given by JJ Peart of Bents House, Cowshill, whilst the memorial cross cost £170. It commemorates seven local servicemen from Lanehead Ward, including JM Peart, who died during the First World War. Following the Second World War the names of three men who died in that conflict were added...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1436799
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years ago
    Viewed: 210 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES