Description"This large three-floored corn mill is built into the riverbank so the top floor is level with the top of the bank. The water wheel was driven by water from both Killhope Burn and Sedling Burn. It was built in the early 19th century and was used until 1939. The machinery was finally removed in 1990 and it is now a private dwelling http://www.keystothepast.info/durhamcc/K2P.nsf/K2PDetail?readform&PRNMAP=D4640" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2009.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1562481
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 4 months ago
Viewed: 574 times
Picture Taken: 2009-10-30