Description"Built between 1846-49 by the York Newcastle & Berwick Railway, Twizel Viaduct comprises six flat arches, extending for 136 yards between its two abutments at a height of 90 feet. Also known as St Cuthbert's Viaduct, it is now protected by a Grade II listing and looked after by the British Railways Board (Residuary). They know it as structure KLO/26. It first took the strain of a train on 27th July 1849 and saw its last one in March 1965, having waved goodbye to its passenger service in June 1964....."
LicenseWhat does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
Further informationLink: http://www.forgottenrelics.co.uk/bridges/gallery/twizel.html
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 11 months ago
Viewed: 321 times
Picture Taken: Unknown