RAILWAY VIADUCT CIRCA 300 YARDS NORTH NORTH EAST OF ST CUTHBERT'S FARM - Twizell - List Entry

  • Description

    "Disused railway viaduct. Probably 1849 for the York, Newcastle and Berwick Railway. Rock-faced stone and brick. 6 shallow segmental arches with brick soffits, on high battered rectangular piers....The line opened in 1849 and the bridge appears to be original. It resembles in style Stephenson's Royal Union Bridge of 1847-50...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1304148
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 243 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES