Description"This impressive structure spanning the River Till carried the Tweedmouth to Kelso railway line that was closed in the early 1960s. Built in 1849, it was recently upgraded to allow public access over the bridge thereby linking in with a network of public footpaths. The 6-arch viaduct, also known as St Cuthbert’s Viaduct, is a grade 2 listed structure under the care of BRB (Residuary) Ltd who are responsible for the remaining assets of the British Railways Board. The 5 arches shown here are just within the square. Viewed from the public footpath to Twizel Boathouse" Photo by Walter Baxter, 2009.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1205605
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 6 years, 3 months ago
Viewed: 621 times
Picture Taken: 2009-03-15