Twizel Bridge

  • Description

    "Twizel Bridge, built in 1511, two years before the Battle of Flodden, provided the only dry crossing of the River Till between the Tweed and Etal. During the Scottish Campaign of 1513, it is likely that parts of both armies crossed the bridge. The Scots on the way from Coldstream to Norham in late August and the English on the morning of the battle. Accounts indicate that the English Vanguard...."
  • Owner

    Flodden 1513 Ecomuseum
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flodden1513ecomuseum.org/places/local/twizel-bridge
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 417 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES