Description"These cottages were built in 1787 for the Oley family, one of the famous Shotley Bridge sword making families. These craftsmen originally came to the area from Germany in the C17 and carried on their trade until the C19. The road here is named Cutler's Hall Road after them." Photo by Robert Graham, 2016.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4908232
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 5 months ago
Viewed: 522 times
Picture Taken: 2016-04-09