Newcastle War Memorial, "JUSTICE"

  • Description

    "The Newcastle First World War Memorial in Old Eldon Square was unveiled by Earl Haig on 26th September 1923. It is in the form of a bronze statue of St George killing the Dragon. The statue is mounted on a tall white stone pedestal with a simple cornice and stepped base. The right face of the pedestal carries the word JUSTICE. Below that, the figure of Justice (holding scales) stands with another female figure, looking down at a semi-nude female figure on her knees." Photo by David Dixon, 2016, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
  • Owner

    Geograph.org.uk
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4883333
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 541 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES