Newcastle War Memorial, "PEACE"
Description"The Newcastle First World War Memorial in Old Eldon Square was unveiled by Earl Haig on 26th September 1923. It is in the form of a bronze statue of St George killing the Dragon. The statue is mounted on a tall white stone pedestal with a simple cornice and stepped base. The left face of the pedestal carries the word PEACE; below it is a curved bronze relief depicting a mother and child and an angel." Photo by David Dixon, 2016, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4883327
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 11 months ago
Viewed: 471 times
Picture Taken: Unknown