CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY - Wingate - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. 1840-1 by George Jackson of Durham. Hammer-dressed limestone with mainly rendered sandstone surrounds; Welsh slate roofs. Aisleless nave with west porch and south-west choir vestry; chancel with vicar's vestry to north. Early English style. 4-bay nave with continuous chamfered plinth, sill band and clasping buttresses to east and west. North and south walls have buttressed recessed bays with single lancets and corbel tables...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1323087
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years ago
    Viewed: 384 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES