CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS - Haltwhistle - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. Early C13; restored 1870 by R.J. Johnson (nave west end and bellcote rebuilt; lancets inserted in aisles; roof pitches heightened; interior redecorated). Coursed and random rubble; green slate roofs. Wide aisled nave (almost square plan) with vestry on north aisle; chancel. Early- English style. 4-bay nave. Buttressed aisles have small lancets and steep pent roofs. Partly-restored pointed north and south aisle doorways with colonnettes...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1045233
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 251 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES