Description"Akeld Station was built by the North Eastern Railway as part of a branch that opened in 1887 and ran from Alnwick via Wooler to Cornhill. Architect William Bell was responsible for all the extravagant stone buildings on the branch, built in the same distinctive style with rough faced sandstone. The line was a failure and the last scheduled passenger train ran in September 1930." Photo by Nigel Stickells, 2005, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/309711
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years ago
Viewed: 357 times
Picture Taken: Unknown