Description"A sleepy village since by-passed by the A172, Nunthorpe was until 1926 part of the Parish of Great Ayton. In the 12th century a Cistercian nunnery was established here, hence the name. The location of the priory and mill can only be surmised. They did however gain a somewhat dubious reputation for they were banished to Baysdale, a remote dale on the North York Moors." Photo by Mick Garratt, 2007, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/603775
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 2 months ago
Viewed: 370 times
Picture Taken: Unknown