Tyne and Wear HER(8183): Ravensworth Castle, nineteenth century house (Nash house)

  • Description

    "Ruin. Remains of Ravensworth Castle. By Nash 1808, for Sir Thomas Liddell. Ashlar sandstone; Castle style. 4 storeys with door opening at ground floor, 2-light window opening under label moulds at first and second floor. Ruined third floor window opening. Historical note: some building work designed Sir Thomas' son Thomas Henry Liddell, about 1822. Building completed 1846. LISTED GRADE 2*"
  • Owner

    Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://twsitelines.info/SMR/8183
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 462 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES