CHURCH OF ST JAMES - Benwell - List Entry

  • Description

    "Chapel of ease 1832; parish church 1843. By John Dobson; 1864 nave and aisle added, 1879-80 organ chamber and vestry. 1895 additions of spire, choir vestry, porch by Hicks and Charlewood. Coursed squared sandstone with ashlar plinth and dressings; dark slate roof with flat stone gable copings. West tower, north- west porch; aisled nave and chancel. Mostly Norman style...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1024959
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 3 years, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 249 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES