Pape's Building, Pink Lane, NE1

Related Pages


Pink Lane


Streets

  • Description

    "Built c 1893 by Oliver and Leeson for W R Pape, a gunsmith. It was converted into a hotel in 1926, and is now offices. The unusual curved building follows exactly the boundaries of the site. Pape's name is carved into the stone at eaves level (just below the dormers)" Photo by Mike Quinn, 2013, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
  • Owner

    Geograph.org.uk
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4490366
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 8 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 1037 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES