Description"The part of the town wall here was built after 1298 and is the last remains of the town wall on the east side. The white-painted Gardener's Cottage was for the grounds of the halls of the Barber Surgeons who both practised as surgeons and earned extra money on the side by cutting people’s hair. The second hall on the site was demolished in 1851 to make way for the railway, running north from Central Station." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1673273
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 11 months ago
Viewed: 408 times
Picture Taken: Unknown