Description"The sculpture is by Raymond Arnott, 1969. Its design was based on the first light bulbs as a memorial to Joseph Swan, who invented the first electric light bulb around 1878. The roundabout here is still known as 'Swan House' although the office block has now been renovated for residential purposes and re-named, '55 Degrees North'. The building behind is Cuthbert House NZ2564 : Cuthbert House with the spire of All Saints to its right." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1673206
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Pat Thomson
Last modified: 3 years, 7 months ago
Viewed: 405 times
Picture Taken: Unknown