DescriptionThis beautiful arched doorway was the original entrance to the Vicar's Pele Tower adjacent to St.Andrew's church in Corebridge and could be as old as the cross by the wall, a plaque by the cross reads: THE OLD MARKET CROSS Which mounted on a Roman alter from Corstopitum, stood for some 600 years in the Market Place. It was removed in 1807, and restored and re-erected on its present site in 1975.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution License
Further informationLink: https://www.flickr.com/photos/8521690@N02/8712672495/
Resource type: Image
Added by: Pat Thomson
Last modified: 3 years, 9 months ago
Viewed: 1068 times
Picture Taken: Unknown