Description"This old building was once a coaching inn called the Belsay Castle Inn. The name came from the owner, Sir Arthur Middleton of Belsay Castle in Northumberland. It is very old, and is mentioned in 1801 as a place where stagecoaches to Edinburgh could change horses. It was later a farm, and a Methodist Chapel was based in a room above the byer for a time." Photo by Robert Graham, 2014, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3971371
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Peter Smith
Last modified: 6 years, 7 months ago
Viewed: 672 times
Picture Taken: Unknown