Royal Exchange, Middlesbrough

  • Description

    Middlesbrough Heritage panel. The Royal Exchange, Middlesbrough. The Middlesbrough. The Middlesbrough Exchange Company Limited was established by the Middlesbrough iromasters to encourage the development of trade. The Exchange Building was connstructed in 1867/68 to the designs of J. C. Adams of Stockton on Tees. The building was designated Royal Exchange after Prince Arthur's visit in August, 1868. The building was used as offices by Dorman Long and then the British Steel Corporation from 1946 until 1977. The plaques and stone features were rescued during the demolition of the building in 1984/5 for the construction of the A66
  • Owner

    Bolckow
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike License
  • Further information

    Link: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4006/4616723832_7d6a184249.jpg
    Alternate Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/83226190@N00/4616723832/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 444 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES