Seaton Sluice

  • Description

    1930s postcard NOTES 1 Waterford Arms - still there 2 St Paul's church - demolished c1960 3 Methodist Chapel back to back with St Paul's. Was derelict in 1940 4 Seaton Sluice Supply Stores - grocers shop owned and run by Norman Johnson 5 The original Seaton Sluice Social Club 6 Tommy Swanson's newspaper shop 7 These buildings contained the post office and a fish & chip shop. 8 Ochiltree Hall was the Church Hall and social centre of the village. Building still standing but has been converted into new St Paul's Church
  • Owner

  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/56/174069133_f991b86c51.jpg
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 443 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES