The green at Ruffside

  • Description

    "Most of the houses in this hamlet are built around a village green. It was built for workers for the nearby Ruffside Hall estate. Dates from the early to mid 19th century and appears on the first Ordnance Survey map of 1863, where, interestingly, it is spelt "Roughside"." Photo by Robert Graham, 2013.
  • Owner

    Robert Graham
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3677199
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 155 times
    Picture Taken: 2013-08-21
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES