Former Police Station, Bridge Street, Blyth

  • Description

    "The Italianate Gothic style former Police Station was built in 1896 and is possibly the most exotic historic building in Blyth. Its roofscape is a collection of pedimented gables, turrets, chimney stacks, interlocking pitches, a belfry, pavilion with metal fretwork, terracotta ridges and finials. As well as serving as a Police Station it also contained a courtroom and ancillary facilities with separate entrances for Magistrates and Solicitors. It is a Grade II Listed building." Photo by Geoff Holland, 2020.
  • Owner

    Geoff Holland
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6711225
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 262 times
    Picture Taken: 2020-12-22
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES