North Farm House, Killingworth Village

  • Description

    "This fine house was built in 1725 and is Grade II Listed. The house was described in the 1992 edition of Nikolaus Pevsner's book, 'The Buildings of England Northumberland' as, "a typical modest farmhouse, in coursed squared sandstone on a plinth, with two storeys, a near-central door and three windows". The steep pantiled roof would have originally been thatched. The lintel above the door https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6693518 bears the date '1725 DP' with 'DP' being the initials of Deborah Potts a sister of Mehitabel Partis who inherited the first (original) Killingworth Hall and its associated lands in the early 18th century. For a selection of detailed free to download walking routes in the area visit www.northtynesidewalks.co.uk" Photo by Geoff Holland, 2020.
  • Owner

    Geoff Holland
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6693519
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 months, 1 week ago
    Viewed: 37 times
    Picture Taken: 2020-12-01
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES