Cumberland Arms, Front Street, Tynemouth

  • Description

    "This rather quirky public house was built in 1898, and was designed by North Shields Architect F. R. N. Haswell, who was also responsible for designing a number of Wesleyan Chapels (his father was a Wesleyan Minister) including the one in Front Street Tynemouth which eventually became the Carlton Cinema before then being demolished to make way for Timothy Duff Court. The ground floor consists of three stone ogee arches, above which is a decorative stone frieze and three decorative tile panels, the central one incorporating the name. The third floor has a large ball-head dormer window. For a selection of detailed free to download walking routes in the area visit www.northtynesidewalks.co.uk" Photo by Geoff Holland, 2021.
  • Owner

    Geoff Holland
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6768234
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 324 times
    Picture Taken: 2021-03-02
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES