Description"Lady Anne Clifford (1590-1676) was the restorer of both this parish church and the castle at the other end of the town, c. 1655. Her tomb, presumably made of the same Frosterly marble as the font, is in the north side chapel, along with that of her mother. It bears all the arms of Clifford heraldry and alliances, as a visual family tree of the landowning family of which she was the last to bear the Clifford name. The inscription is too long to be translated here in full but can be found online elsewhere." Photo by Stephen Craven, 2016.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4959944
Resource type: Image
Added by: Edmund Anon
Last modified: 2 years, 10 months ago
Viewed: 382 times
Picture Taken: 2016-05-16