CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST - Elton - List Entry

  • Description

    "Rebuilt 1841 using masonry from original church of C12-C13. Coursed rubble, slated roof, sympathetic early lancet style. Nave, chancel, bellcote. South doorway and chancel arch Norman with chevron and beakhead moulding, arch over vestry door with nailhead. Rood screen and figures 1907 by Sir Ninion Comfer. Early C14 effigy of knight. Sutton memorial tablet of 1792...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1139261
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 149 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES