Fishburn Coking Plant

  • Description

    Griersons of Fishburn Leyland Atlantean KBB 255D (ex-Newcastle and Tyne & Wear), grinds up past the coking plant on a school contract in September 1981. The coking plant was built in 1954, taking coal from the nearby colliery. Fishburn Colliery closed in 1973 with the coking plant surviving until 1986. All has disappeared under a nature reserve. Griersons are, however, still with us, although KBB 255D is not. Pentax SP1000/105mm Ilford FP4 rated @ 200ASA
  • Owner

    Lost-Albion
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? All Rights Reserved (Seek permission to reuse)
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/28083135@N06/5835661600/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 477 times
    Picture Taken: 1981-09-01T00:00:00
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES