Lindal-in-Furness War Memorial

  • Description

    ".... The parish of Lindal and Marton erected identical memorials in each village. The memorials were funded via public subscription and cost around £226 in total for both. They were unveiled on 15 May 1921 by Mrs Shirley Jenks (who donated £100), dedicated by the Bishop of Barrow and presided over by Lieutenant Colonel W F A Wadham. The memorials were built by J Sharp of Barrow-in-Furness. The land for the Lindal-in-Furness memorial was gifted by Dalton Urban District Council who, in June 1919, agreed the placing of the memorial on a piece of land facing Lindal church....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1450310
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 months ago
    Viewed: 21 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES