Mungrisdale Chapelry

  • Description

    "Chapelry and township in Greystoke parish, Leath ward, Cumberland. Modern CP of Mungrisdale formed 1934 by amalgamation of Mungrisdale, Bowscale, Berrier and Murrah, and Hutton Roof CPs....Economy: predominantly hill farming. Blue slate and flagstone quarrying in 19th century. Lead and plumbago mining at Bannerdale mid-19th century; closed 1870. Lime-burning on eastern side of township in 19th century...."
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/mungrisdale
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 1 year, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 108 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES