Cenotaph, Whitley Bay

  • Description

    The Cenotaph was officially unveiled on the 15th July 1922 by Duke of Northumberland, and dedicated by Rev. F.L. Cattell, Vicar of St. Paul's Church. The memorial bears the names of the local dead who lost their lives in the First World War. Names for the Word War 2 were added later. Viewed from the roof of Spanish City.
  • Owner

    Simon_Cotterill
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Public Domain Dedication (CC0)
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137828720@N06/49679693877/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 459 times
    Picture Taken: 2019-07-18T18:35:30
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES