Sandwith

  • Description

    "Township in St Bees parish, Allerdale above Derwent ward, Cumberland. CP abolished 1934 and divided between Whitehaven MB and Rottington CP. Acreage: 1,400 acres [567 ha]. Population: rose from 180 in 1801 to stand in range 300-350 for most of 19th and early 20th centuries (peak of 422 in 1881); 332 in 1931......"
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/sandwith
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 months, 2 weeks ago
    Viewed: 112 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES