Description"Located in the rural splendour of north Northumberland on the road connecting Berwick-upon-Tweed with Wooler, Duddo is a small village in an area encompassing farmland and plantations. It is situated 8 miles southwest of Berwick-upon-Tweed in the parish of Norham and within Glendale Ward. It has in the past also gone by the name 'Dudhowe'. The trade directory History, Directory and Gazetteer of the Counties of Durham and Northumberland written by William Parson and William White and published early in the nineteenth century describes Duddo as a small township consisting of 2 farms, a few cottages and a colliery. By 1855 this description had altered to 2 farms, a chapel of ease, a public-house, and a few cottages....."
LicenseWhat does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
Further informationLink: https://communities.northumberland.gov.uk/Duddo.htm
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Viewed: 43 times
Picture Taken: Unknown