Description"Broome Park was located six miles from Alnwick. It was bought in the 17th century by Thomas Burrell. It was altered twice, first during the late 18th century and then again in 1829. The house was demolished during the 1950s. The house and grounds were noted at intervals between the renovations and restorations carried out. In 1758 the building was noted as "small" with the grounds enclosed by hedges and with trees planted by the lawyer and antiquarian Sir William Burrell. In 1825 Eneas Mackenzie noted the surrounding grounds as a landscaped park "tastefully laid out". Both Bryan (1752-1806) and William (1773-1847) served as the county sheriff for Northumberland. http://www.keystothepast.info/Pages/pgDetail.aspx?PRN=N20711" Photo by Les Hull, 2015.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4665556
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 11 months ago
Viewed: 248 times
Picture Taken: 2015-08-19