Brick in old engine turntable

Related Pages


Etterby


Carlisle

  • Description

    "One of the bricks in this structure [[4610996]] . The turntable was installed in 1903 at the Kingmoor steam locomotive depot. At that time it belonged to the Caledonian Railway, which ran trains from Carlisle to Glasgow and Edinburgh. Made by the Nellfield Brick and Tile Company, Carluke, Lanarkshire." Photo by Rose and Trev Clough, 2015.
  • Owner

    Rose and Trev Clough
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4611001
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 102 times
    Picture Taken: 2015-05-13
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES