Description"....In March 1847, Tweedmouth station opened at the northern end an isolated stretch of line from Chathill, and from 1 July that year trains operated from Newcastle. For just over a year Tweedmouth became the terminus of a main line route from London. Train services began on 29 August 1848 over a temporary bridge across the River Tweed enabling them to continue a mile north to join the North British Railway at Berwick station, thus completing a route from London to Edinburgh......"
LicenseWhat does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
Further informationLink: http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/t/tweedmouth/
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Peter Smith
Last modified: 1 year, 8 months ago
Viewed: 91 times
Picture Taken: Unknown