Description"Purpose built as a museum in the 19th century in the French style by John Bowes, the son of the 10th Earl of Strathmore and a successful businessman, along with his wife Joséphine. It was opened to the public on 10th June 1892 and attracted nearly 63,000 visitors in its first year http://www.thebowesmuseum.org.uk/about/history/" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2003.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1467081
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 5 months ago
Viewed: 169 times
Picture Taken: 2003-12-05