Description"Opened in 1862 by the Eden Valley Railway on the line from Penrith to Kirkby Stephen (East), this soon became part of the North Eastern Railway empire. The station closed to passengers in 1962 and completely in 1967. View south east from the former level crossing. The trackbed was used as a scrapyard when this image was taken but the station building was still there, behind the trees to the right." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2012.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3735971
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 5 months ago
Viewed: 264 times
Picture Taken: 2012-02-25