Kirkby Stephen East railway station (site), Cumbria

  • Description

    "Opened in 1861 by the South Durham and Lancashire Union Railway (later part of the North Eastern railway) on the line from Barnard Castle to Tebay over Stainmore summit, this station closed in 1962. View west towards Smardale and Tebay. When this image was taken, it had become a heritage centre." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2012.
  • Owner

    Nigel Thompson
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3447487
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 256 times
    Picture Taken: 2012-02-25
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES