Kirkby Stephen Parish Church

  • Description

    "A shared building, for both C of E and Catholics. A Saxon church was first on the site, a Norman church was built in 1170, and an Early Christian church followed in 1220/30. By the mid-19C it was in a desperate state of repair and was rebuilt in 1847, but by 1871 the main body was mainly ruinous." Photo by M J Richardson, 2011.
  • Owner

    M J Richardson
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2652124
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 months, 4 weeks ago
    Viewed: 31 times
    Picture Taken: 2011-10-14
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES