Description"This is Grade II* listed and has inscribed over the entrance 'R. & L.B. 1686' (Rolland Barrow, Rector of Brougham, and his wife.) The house was restored in 1977. A spiral stone staircase inside suggests that the house might have been first built before the 17C. The workhouse for the West Ward Poor Law Union was behind and alongside the house on the 1863 6" map." Photo by Humphrey Bolton, 2006.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/273936
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 6 months ago
Viewed: 179 times
Picture Taken: 2006-10-31