Renwick Parish, 1848
RENWICK (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Penrith, Leath ward, E. division of Cumberland, 11 miles (N.E. by E.) from Penrith; containing 319 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 4,231 acres, of which 1619 are arable, and 2,528 stunted meadow and mountain land. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £92; patrons, the Trustees of the late W. Lawson, Esq. The tithes were commuted for land in 1814. The church was rebuilt in 1733, and again, on a larger scale, in 1846. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.