RENNINGTON, a chapelry, in the parish of Embleton, union of Alnwick, S. division of Bambrough ward, N. division of Northumberland, 3¾ miles (N.E. by N.) from Alnwick; containing 245 inhabitants. The township comprises about 1,663 acres, mostly arable land of a clayey soil, and, with the exception of 200 acres, the property of the Duke of Northumberland. The village lies in a low and sheltered situation, near a stream which shortly falls into the North Sea; and the road between Alnwick and Belford runs at some distance on the east: the place was much improved a few years since. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Vicar of Embleton. The chapel, dedicated to All Saints, was rebuilt by the late duke, in 1830, at a cost of £700, and is in the early English style, with a square tower.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.