RAF Great Orton
RAF Great Orton (aka Wiggonby airfield) was located to the north-east of Wiggonby in Cumbria. It was opened on the 1st June 1943, during World War 2, as a satellite of RAF Silloth. The airfield closed on the 15th August 1952. Much of the site of the former airfield is now Watchtree Nature Reserve and also a wind farm.