Preston Richard Civil Parish
Preston Richard is a civil parish in the South Lakeland district of Cumbria. Within the parish is the village of Endmoor and the smaller settlements of Crooklands, Birkrigg Park, Low Park, Milton, and Summerlands. Preston Richard had a population of 1,305 recorded in the 2011 Census. Historically, Preston Richard was a township in the ancient Parish of Heversham.
PRESTON-RICHARD, a township, in the parish of Heversham, union and ward of Kendal, county of Westmorland, 6 miles (W.N.W.) from Kirkby-Lonsdale; containing 355 inhabitants. The Kendal canal passes through the township, and on its banks are several coke-ovens, and a large coal-wharf. At Birkrigg is a burial-ground, formerly belonging to the Society of Friends, but now disused. At End-Moor an antique hammer-head of stone was found in 1770.