Topics > Cumbria > Plumpton Head

Plumpton Head


Plumton Head is a hamlet in Cumbria, located by the A6 road, about 3 miles north of Penrith and just over 1 mile south of the village of Plumpton.

PLUMPTON-HEAD, a hamlet, in the parish and union of Penrith, Leath ward, E. division of Cumberland; containing 87 inhabitants.

Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Cumbria Penrith Parish, 1848 River Petteril
from Geograph (geograph)
House on the A6, Plumpton Head

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Pasture and plantation near Plumpton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Old Milestone by the A6, south of Plumpton Head

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Building off the A6 near Plumpton Head

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
River Petteril
  Co-Curate Page
River Petteril
- Overview About the River Petteril The River Petteril is a river in Cumbria, which is a tributary of the River Eden. The river arises near the village of Penruddock and flows ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES