Plummer House, Market Street East, Newcastle
Plummer House is located on Market Street East in Newcastle, siding on Croft Street and Carliol Street. It was originally built as banquet and assembly rooms in 1910 by Newcombe and Newcombe for Tilley and Co. It was later used as offices and for many years hosted Chapman’s furniture store. Plummer House is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England. In 2012 the building was sold by Chapman’s furniture store to Fusion Residential Ltd for development as student accommodation - the rear extension to the original building, added in 1936, was demolished and replaced by a seven-storey new-build, including studios and cluster apartments.