Pillbox, Adders Haugh
This Second World War pillbox is located on Adders Haugh, 301m south of Mitford Bridge. It was built by the Northern Command as part of the River Wansbeck Stop Line constructed between 1940 and 1941. This is one of four surviving pillboxes in the area which were constructed to the same design for the Stop Line. They are built with reinforced concrete, hexagonal in shape, with two longer sides, with a single door protected by a porch, and nine gun-slits.