Topics > Cumbria > Orthwaite > Orthwaite Hall

Orthwaite Hall


Orthwaite Hall is a farmhouse with a large barn attached, located in the hamlet of Orthwaite in Cumbria. The barn was the original house, thought to date from the late 16th or early 17th century. The 'new' house has a coat-of-arms over barn doorway inscribed "C.R.1675". The initials were for Christopher Richmond, and the coat of arms showing the Richmond of Highhead impaling Hudleston of Hutton John.[1] Orthwaite Hall is Grade II* listed on the National Heritage List for England.

Orthwaite Historic Buildings and Monuments in Ireby and Uldale
from Geograph (geograph)
Orthwaite Hall.

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Orthwaite Hall

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
ORTHWAITE HALL AND ADJOINING BARN - List Entry
- "Farmhouse and former house now barn. Probably late C16 or early C17 with new house dated and inscribed on coat-of-arms panel over barn doorway: C.R.1675 (Christopher Richmond, arms ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Orthwaite Hall

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Orthwaite Hall

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1144419
List grade: 2*
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: NY2527234183

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES